A special, contributor-specific version of 33 Things.
We won’t mention and/or castigate the contributors that forgot to get their links in on time. :coughHaydenButlercough:
5. Yet another indicator that George Orwell’s “1984” was just a few decades early: the sticky ethical territory of rewriting memories.
6. Humility helps business.
7. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies…and Pictures!
8. Jesus, meet Jesus, because I really want you both to meet…Jesus
10. It’s Time to Talk About the Burgers and the Bees
11. Life Advice From Old People
12. A wombat. A dead god. A very peculiar epic.
16. Israel, Trapped in Plato’s Cave:
Sometimes it is the duty of responsible people to reject the shadows in favor of reality. And in the case of Israel — not always, but often enough — the reality is this: it is being condemned not because of its actions; it is being condemned because of its very existence, because of its very nature, and yes, because of its Jewishness. The objections against Israel are not specific to this or that act; they are existential.
19. This 8-month-old baby is hearing sound for the very first time:
21. Dr. Trevor Hart – professor at St. Andrews in Scotland – shares the gospel.
22. The dark side arises for phone apps:
“In one incident, Google pulled dozens of unauthorized mobile-banking apps from its Android Market in December. The apps, priced at $1.50, were made by a developer named “09Droid” and claimed to offer access to accounts at many of the world’s banks. Google said it pulled the apps because they violated its trademark policy.
The apps were more useless than malicious, but could have been updated to capture customers’ banking credentials, said John Hering, chief executive of Lookout, a mobile security provider. “It is becoming easier for the bad guys to use the app stores,” Mr. Hering said.”
23. Steve Jobs WWDC keynote talk (where he reveals the iPhone 4) in 90 seconds:
24. Something is better than nothing, but i have spent very little time at the computer or reading or anything this week. Here’s what i’ve come across:
25. Working on a presentation? Wondering whether to use the font ‘comic sans’? Here’s your answer.
26. Improv everywhere pranks New Yorkers…. again. This time, by offering what they’ve always wanted: a tourist lane.
27. Some of the most terrifying playgrounds… ever.
28. String theory… It’s actually just a maze made out of yarn. You could solve this dilemma with a sword, or scissors.
29. Does the internet actually make us shallow human beings? Science gets into the debate: looks like our brains might be changing.
30. Try your hand at editing a documentary on a sensitive topic. Good luck, and try not to make anyone hate you.
32. Hype Machine is a mp3 aggregator that draws from indie music blogs. Find the song that you heard once in passing, and never forgot. Or, find the better song that came up on Hype Machine instead after you put the title in wrong about ten times. Not that I’ve ever done that or anything.
33. How to craft/create a joke. Of course, I was only attracted to this link because I’m so awful at writing jokes. But we don’t need to talk about that. ‘